These terms and conditions ("The Terms") govern the users' ("you" or "your") use of the website www.y4ubooks.com ("the Website") and your relationship with Y4U Limited (Company Number 03858293) whose registered office is at 70 Upper Richmond Road, London SW15 2RP. Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access nor use the Website. If you have any queries regarding these Terms then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of the website
By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Unless we have otherwise expressly agreed in writing all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address as follows:
Y4U Limited, Claverton House, Love Lane, Cirencester, Glos, GL7 1YG.
All notices from us to you will be displayed on our Website from time to time.
We reserve the right to:
- Update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given such announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms; and
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or its contents.
We will treat all your personal information:
- As confidential and will only disclose the same in the circumstances set out below; and
- In accordance with Data Protection legislation from time to time in force in England and Wales.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input personal details in order for us to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, credit card or other payment information. We confirm that this information will be held by us in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's office. We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders
- To administer this Website
- For statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you
- If you have consented during the registration process, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- If you have consented during the registration process, to disclose to other relevant third parties, who may contact you about their products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Purchase of Products
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods ordered are not available, you will be notified by e-mail (or by other means if no e-mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or cancel your order.
Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgement of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the Website. The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we (i) debit your credit or debit card or (ii) despatch the goods to you or commence the service, whichever is earlier.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- Cancellation Policy
Where you have purchased the goods or services, please note that your are entitled to cancel any contract completed with us within 7 days of receipt of the goods or services.
If you do cancel a contract pursuant to this clause 6, then:
- You must notify us in writing by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to Y4U Limited, Claverton House, Love Lane, Cirencester, GL7 1YG.
- You must retain possession of the goods or services and ensure that the goods or services are kept in the same condition as they were when they were delivered until such time as the goods or services are either collected by us or delivered back to us by you;
- We will notify you of when we wish to collect the goods or services or how and when we wish you to deliver back to us within 28 days of our receiving your cancellation notice. If we collect the goods or services we will charge the cost of collecting the goods or services, and will deduct this from any sum owed by us to you.
- We will refund any monies you paid to us, less any direct costs we incur in recovering any goods delivered under an order which has been cancelled and in making the refund, within 30 days of receipt of your cancellation notice.
- Price and payments
All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you. If you delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom and the Island of Jersey you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a delivery reaches your country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend that you contact your local custom office for information.
Payments can be made by any major credit or debit card or by cheque. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the despatch of your goods or provision of the service to you.
You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer or your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payments to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.
- Eligibility to Purchase
To be eligible to purchase goods on this Website and lawfully enter into and from contracts on this Website under English law you must:
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom; and
- Register your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address and any other details requested, and;
- Be able to make payment in a way acceptable to us.
By offering to purchase goods and services you represent to us that you are 18 years of age of over and authorise us to transmit information (including updated information) to obtain information from third parties, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card numbers or credit reports to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- Intellectual Property
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and you acknowledge that the material and content supplied as part of the Website shall remain with our licensors or us.
You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content of the Website.
- Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any other provision in the Terms, nothing in these Terms:
- Affect or limit your rights as a consumer under English law; or
- Will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to it and its use. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to us by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the Internet.
Whilst we will try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, we cannot accept responsibility of this is not the case. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Website we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- Incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links
- Technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website
- Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website
- Inadequacy of the Website to meet your requirements.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (both of which terms includes, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
If any part of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms form the entire basis of any agreement reached between you and us.
- Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.